Worth it to wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AwesomeWithAQ, May 6, 2007.

  1. AwesomeWithAQ macrumors newbie

    May 6, 2007
    Should I get my MacBook Pro in October when Leopard comes out, or should I wait for Montevina next year?
  2. dpaanlka macrumors 601


    Nov 16, 2004
    It's never worth it to wait.

    Refer to the four thousand other threads asking this same question if you'd like a more definitive answer. :D
  3. Aniej macrumors 68000


    Oct 17, 2006
    If you know the difference between the two without searching it out on google, then possibly wait. If you do not know the difference, then buy now.
  4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040


    May 16, 2006
    Central Florida!
    Why wait withen 6 months something new always comes out :)
  5. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

    Apr 17, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    When you buy technology these days it turns obsolete once it's in your hands. You really can't do anything about that, so if you want it now I say go for it.. if you can wait, just wait. Good luck!
  6. PDE macrumors 68020

    Nov 16, 2005
    Waiting for a new model or a new underlying architecture also means dealing with first generation APple problems. Trust me, with Apple you want to buy at the END of a model cycle - when most of the issues have been dealt with. The first generation is beautiful before you switch it on, but then it makes you bitter as you have to send it in all the time or learn to live with the defects.

    Not that the current MBPs don't have issues, but a new line will be much worse. Don't wait, just buy and use.
  7. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

    Oct 27, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    What's Montevina?

    Buy your PC when you need it. If you wait, then you'll forever because there is always a better speced PC around the corner.
  8. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

    Apr 17, 2007
    Chicago, IL

Share This Page