Worth of iBook G3

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by wojnest, Jan 13, 2014.

1. wojnest macrumors newbie

Hello,

I can buy iBook G3 Dual USB 500 from the first owner.
    iBook is in original box with all accessories(cables, leaflets and original battery - lasts 25 minutes).
    Computer is in very good condition.

The seller offers a price $ 90.

Is it a good offer?

2. trewyn15 macrumors 6502

3. tdiaz macrumors 6502

$90 in a box, not beat, with all the stuff .. as a collector example, would seem reasonable to me. But without a photo set ..

Of course, there's someone who would say "I got that for $10!!!"
    So be it, it's not like there's that many chances at it.

4. wojnest thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for response.

I can negotiate the price.

What is the true value of this computer?

5. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

I would pay that for one in that condition with all accessories but as a collectors piece. But if i wanted it for use and not collection I would offer around $60.

6. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Basically, yes- as a collector if the added items are of value to you, The asking price is good, over the low ball price of someone who wants it for replacing something in use and couldn't care less about the box, and might even consider ditching it.

Since boxes tend to go for $30-$40 by themselves, I'd figure that $90 with the rest representing the computer in the $50-$60 range is about right.

As a buyer, sure, peck at it and see what you can get away with. But if there's more than one of you, you've got to gamble on getting it or not.

7. leon771 macrumors regular

Worth of iBook G3

If you really want the machine and it means something to you, then get it. Only you can determine if $90 is the right price.

As far as I'm concerned the ibook G3 was a boring machine, and even in mint condition, they always look like they're dirty.

If you're amassing a collection of all the Apple laptops, then grab it. If not, to me its a pass machine.

Now if it were a toilet seat G3, then it would have been a great price.