Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbc28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2016
I was hoping Apple would announce the new iPad Mini or some tablet similar to the size of this but the Apple event didn't showcase any of the tablets. I'm after a small 8" tablet... any rumors or proximity of the successor to this?

Bromio

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
I was hoping Apple would announce the new iPad Mini or some tablet similar to the size of this but the Apple event didn't showcase any of the tablets. I'm after a small 8" tablet... any rumors or proximity of the successor to this?

The iPad mini 4 was released a year ago. An iPad/Mac event may take place next month. You could wait until then. If it is not released, it'll be probably announced in 2017. If you cannot wait, I think the iPad mini 4 is a great device.

slvrscoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
NJ
wouldnt be surprised to see an October even coinciding with the AirPods debut with Macbooks and Ipads.

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
There was an absolute 0% chance Apple was going to announce a new iPad at the event yesterday. There's a pretty likely chance they will next month, but who knows if a mini will be among the new product(s)?

Techexp2

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi,

If it is necessary then you can go for iPad mini without waiting for the new device.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Considering that Apple just "upgraded" the iPads by bumping the base line storage to 32GB, I don't think we will see an announcement of a new iPad right away.
I'm going to say new iPads in March.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.