worth returning mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicname, Oct 16, 2010.

  1. nicname macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #1
    got a mbp 13" a week ago. I know we'll have to wait till the event to see if the mbps will even get an update but lets say they do and its a i3 intel chip. Would the difference from a core dual processor really be that big? ive went through the hassle of getting parallel and windows vista and Microsoft word.
    Would the new processor really be worth the restocking fee and returning? thanksss
     
  2. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2010
    #2
    without going into great detail, the answer is no.
     
  3. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

    LouieSamman

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #3
    The event on OCT 20 will not update the MBP.

    Only the MacBook Air, OS X 10.7, and a few other things.

    MBP update won't happen until next event.
     
  4. MacOCD macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    #4
    I'm not saying you're wrong but is this speculation or a cold hard fact?
     
  5. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

    LouieSamman

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
    #5
    Because of the fact that we know Apple to be updating the MacBook Air and showing off the new OS X. From their invitation photo it looks to only introduce the new OS X and from the aluminum backing and thin aspect of the 3d apple, to also introduce the MacBook Air.

    Apple is not necessarily going to do a MacBook Pro Update because they like to stay focus on a few things and not go wild on many product updates.

    Except for the iPod event with the new iPods, that's only because it was introducing a new iPod lineup.

    This event coming up is based on OS X and the MacBook Air.

    But yes it is speculations but I am just saying that this is more likely and the MacBook Pro update is very much unlikely. I could be wrong but consider the way Apple updates things we can get an idea of how things go in these events so we put our speculations.
     
  6. nicname thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #6
    i hope your right lol
     
  7. alust2013 macrumors 601

    alust2013

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2010
    Location:
    On the fence
    #7
    most likely is. Only thing that might reasonably happen is a very slight speed bump in the 15" and 17" models. Honestly, the i3 really isn't a whole lot faster than the C2D, if at all in some cases. The Intel graphics would actually end up slowing the machine down a bit for anything that required heavier graphics work.
     
  8. nicname thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #8
    would the speed affect me in any way since i basically use my mbp for simple things. no photoshop or rendering
     
  9. tjb1 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2010
    Location:
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #9
    Stop asking these, no one knows what apple is going to do wednesday. Louiesamman has no idea what apple is doing so all he is saying is speculation because of a picture apple sent out. Just wait 2 days and you will know everything.
     
  10. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    #10

    TAKE it BACK!!!
     
  11. tjb1 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2010
    Location:
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #11
    Oh good another troll that knows what Apple has planned...
     
  12. silentnite macrumors 6502a

    silentnite

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2009
    Location:
    Outer sight.. Outer mind
    #12
    No one really knows which way this event will go. I've seen apple do some unexpected things in the past. while Steve is discussing one thing the apple store could go down and come up with a refresh on Macbook Pro's as well & if it doesn't it won't be long now before they do. I got two refreshed products a few yrs back in the month of Oct & one in Nov. In your case you should still have time left to take it back if you should decide. I'm hoping for the i5 or at least an i3 refresh. The timing is good as we get closer to the holidays.
     
  13. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #13
    There was never any implication that the Macbook 13-inch would get an i3 -- certainly if the 13-inch were as well equipped as its big brothers, it would be worth exchanging. As far as I'm concerned, CNET just threw the i3 possibility out there. I would be beside myself if the MBP got an Arrandale, discrete graphics upgrade, whatever model it may be. I just bought my 13-inch 3 and a half weeks ago, so while it is still a recent enough purchase that any upgrade will bother me, I've had the computer just long that enough that I would have to take it upon myself to sell it did I wish to upgrade it. I need to kick this C2D insecurity, I'm like a man constantly agonizing over the size of a certain appendage. At this point, there's nothing I can do about it and who says it's inadequate. In fact, had I not been aware of the dated processor, I would only derive pleasure from using this machine.
     
  14. kingsal macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2010
    #14
    They will get updated with new iLife '11 at least :D
     

Share This Page