Worth the Trouble??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klcc88, Feb 28, 2008.

1. klcc88 macrumors member

I just within the week purchased a MBP 2.2mhz/2g/120hd/128video at the apple store for $2199. Well...2 days later the new version comes out with 2.4/2g/200ghd and 256m video.....and multi touch pad....AND cheaper by $100 ($2099)

Is it worth the going back and getting ding the $220 restocking fee, deleting the software I've spent lots of time installing and rebuying another unit, which at the end of the day will end up costing me $135 more since I have to pay the restocking of $220. I see for the $135, I get 128m more video memory, 80g more hd space, multi touch...I spoke to the rep this morning on the phone who didn't seem to please about a return....but they do have a policy of refunding difference in price within 14days which I'm still within...it's either I get my $100 back or pay another $135 more for the added hassle....I'm new to MACs....so tells you that much if I really needed all the added stuff the new version comes with...ticks me off that they couldn't at least warn me that within 2 days a better one was coming out...great service eh!

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Keep it, get your hundred bucks, and be happy. The new one won't perform significantly better than the one you bought, and you won't have to reinstall everything.

3. klcc88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks....it's been pretty much what I've been reading...just sucks that 2 days after I buy it, they change the specs....I do like what I have though.

4. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Why would it be cheaper? I thought the old models and the new models were the same price. Maybe you shops ask them to see if you can get money back. Tell themthat you paid more for a "new model" but then two days later they come out with a better one with a cheaper price. Worth a shot.

-JoE

5. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Same thing happened to me. I still dont know what I'm going to do.

6. klcc88 thread starter macrumors member

tell me about it....cheaper by $100 in 2 days after I buy it and it wasn't on special or anything and better specs. But on the apple website it does state they will refund you the difference if they reduce the price within 14days which I'm going to go there in a couple of days to get my 100 back.....I'd rather they give me the newer unit for the same price! and don't charge me for restocking.....

Here's where the apples policy is on price variance (in canada)...think it should be the same in the US as well..it's under pricing...

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_ca.html