Worth the upgrade from PS Elements 6 to PS Elements 10?

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I'll be doing the research later today but I was wondering if people have some quick recommendations.

I use PSE a few times a month. It's plenty powerful for my purposes but I find it overwhelming to use. Has PSE 10 made it user-friendlier?

TIA

jlc1978

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2009
I'll be doing the research later today but I was wondering if people have some quick recommendations.

I use PSE a few times a month. It's plenty powerful for my purposes but I find it overwhelming to use. Has PSE 10 made it user-friendlier?

TIA
No. Quite frankly, unless it has a feature you need the cost of upgrading i snot worth it, IMHO.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
I upgraded from PSE 6 to PSE 9 a while ago. I found 9 easier to use. I doubt it is any more user friendly, I just found the user interface a bit clearer.

I use Adobe Illustrator a lot, but always struggled a bit with Photoshop. Maybe because the interfaces are very similar, but little works the same on both. It didn't seem so bad with PSE 9.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I upgraded from PSE 6 to PSE 9 a while ago. I found 9 easier to use. I doubt it is any more user friendly, I just found the user interface a bit clearer.

I use Adobe Illustrator a lot, but always struggled a bit with Photoshop. Maybe because the interfaces are very similar, but little works the same on both. It didn't seem so bad with PSE 9.
Thanks, Moonjumper!