Worth trading MacBook Air for iMac 27"?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by eddiexhart, Mar 24, 2013.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I have the current base model 13" MacBook Air and I loved it but I'm sick of it. I have over 200 GB of music and thats not even including pictures and movies. I'm curious to know if it's worth saving up for the newly revised iMac 27" or should I look into the iMac before the revision?

2. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Yep get the iMac, and then the new iPad 5 whenever it's ready.

Mobile computing is the future, thus the iPad. But it will never be as powerful as a iMac when you need something to be done.

Macbook Air is something in between, barely powerful, and cumbersomely mobile (you need lap or table to work on it).

iMac and iPad is powerful and perfect combination, unless you actually do your jobs on the road.

And a nice bonus, you get the proud of only having Apple products, all started with 'i' :D

3. Raima macrumors 6502

Get what suits you. I have no idea where the ipad idea came from.

I have two ipads and hardly use them. My iphone pretty much does everything I need that I'd do on the iPad.

MBA is good for portability. iMac can be much faster.

If your MBA stays home all the time, that might be a good indication the iMac would be better suited for you.

However if you still hit the road a lot and you need mobile computing, you may just have a storage issue.

Is storage the only justification for moving towards an iMac?

4. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Well I have an iPhone too, and yes it basically does most what iPad does.
    But I miss the multitasking gestures, I miss the bigger screen and workflow efficiency, and also usability.

All in all, between iPhone and iPad, I'd rather keep an old, cheap iPhone as long as it does phone calls, texts and Personal Hotspot and get the newest, hottest iPad to play around with.

And then iMac for whenever I need truckworks (which is quite often). Works for me.