Worth updating from 4.1 to 4.2.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rbai63, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Rbai63 macrumors member

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 firmware and it is jailbroken, is it worth it to update to 4.2.1 and use greenp0ison?

Any issues with the new jailbreak or bugs?

2. Synergie macrumors 6502a

For bugs with Cydia Apps check out the spreadsheet:
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tjlxljFo5A6LR7o47NleqQg&hl=en#gid=0

As for the jailbreak itself, I have had no issues at all - except for iBooks... any purchased books will not open anymore. I get the error "There is a problem with the configuration of your iphone. Please restore and reinstall iBooks" It's a known issue... and it's the JB that causes it. I am now using Kobo instead for an eReader app.

I was worried about updating at first but now glad I did and it's over with.

3. aldo818 macrumors regular

I read in some posts here that people were complaining about the clarity of the icons in 4.2.1 jb compared to 4.1

Can someone tell me please if this is still true?

4. Justinb51 macrumors 6502

Justinb51

I think that it was worth it! But I really like being able to print from my iPhone and the find my iPhone feature.

I have not had any clarity issues with mine.

The only "bug" that I have found thus far is that some of my winterboard themes don't work, they show selected but don't actually change anything. For example clear folders doesn't work.
    I also have the issue with purchased books not working. However I was able to open the book after trying about 7 or 8 times. (but I also had this issue with 4.1)

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yes, it should be pointed out that the iBooks issue has been present with the 4.1 jailbreak as well. It is not a result of just the most recent jailbreak. It also usually can be overcome by trying to open the books up multiple times. I have yet to see a good explanation as to why this occurs.

6. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I'm just going to wait for 4.3. I don't want to mess with restoring twice in a short time span.