Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevster89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Months after the release of iLife '09, is it still worth upgrading from iLife '08 (which I currently have installed on my early-2008 MacBook Pro)?

Are the new features in iLife '09 worth the price of the software upgrade? Are they really as sweet as advertised in order to justify an upgrade from iLife '08 to '09?

Also, do you suppose a new version of the iLife suite is fast approaching? It seems like this suite is updated every year now... would you recommend holding off on purchasing iLife '09 for the time being?

Any thoughts from those who made the upgrade to iLife '09 would be much appreciated! :)

-Kevin :apple:

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
Are you missing anything? If not, then why upgrade?

Though I think that Pages became much better, and I like Keynote's custom path animations. Well, I like that I could do it the only time I needed it...

jjvdhoef

macrumors member
May 19, 2009

Though I think that Pages became much better, and I like Keynote's custom path animations. Well, I like that I could do it the only time I needed it...

Keynote was improved a lot. And magic move and the custom path animations are amazing. I made some awesome presentations using that.I bought 09 for the ability to use my ipod touch as a remote, but haven't actually used that. Too much hassle to set up an ad-hoc wifi network.

Play Ultimate

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005

Pages and Keynote are part of iWork, not iLife, and is a worth updating to '09. I personally have not migrated to iLife '09. The new features were just not worth it to me. However, the facial recognition feature in iPhoto and the new iMovie might make it worthwhile if you need them. The iMovie update is possibly the biggest selling point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.