Worth upgrading now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Syvere, May 3, 2010.

  1. Syvere macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #1
    I have the 13" mid 2009 Macbook Pro with 2.53GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD and 9400m. Is it worth upgrading to the new 2.66GHz and 320m or should I wait for late 2010 refresh? Any opinions?

    90% of the my time on my macbook is spent watching anime.
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    No. If you played games, you might be able to justify it but for your usage, it's not worth it
     
  3. Hadron macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2010
    #3
    The GPU and battery life are better, but do you find either of these limiting with your current system? The cpu bump is only 5%, so hardly worth a second thought.
     
  4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2008
    Location:
    Manhattan
    #4
    Your macbook pro is only a year old so why would you want to upgrade now? You'd just be wasting money. You should wait another 2 years to get the full value of your purchase.

    I'm still using my early 2006 macbook pro and have no interest in the current crop. This last update was not exciting--especially for the 13 inch model which *still* uses C2D. No way.
     
  5. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

    Wehrwolf

    Joined:
    May 21, 2009
    #5
    There's no technical reason to upgrade, but if you're itching for the new 13", then I would suggest selling your old one if you can get a good offer for it to offset the new purchase.

    And I wouldn't bother with moving up to the 2.66. Just get the base 2.4 - essentially the same specs as your current machine except for the updated graphics and slightly larger battery capacity.
     
  6. Syvere thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    #6
    My macbook is 100% of the time in dock.
     
  7. WisdomWolf macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    #7
    Would you benefit from audio out over mDP/HDMI? If so then it might be worth upgrading. If not, then there isn't much of a compelling reason to upgrade.
     
  8. King Apple macrumors regular

    King Apple

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2010
    #8
    No need in hell to upgrade now....
     
  9. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

    mobilehaathi

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Location:
    The Anthropocene

Share This Page