Worth upgrading the HD on new 13' MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dcjustme, Apr 14, 2010.

1. dcjustme macrumors newbie

I'm very excited to finally order my new MBP (and saying good-bye to my sturdy, but very old iBook G4). I'm getting the base level 13' which comes with 250GB HD. I was going to upgrade to 320GB. Though I don't need the extra space now, I figure it's worth $45 to give me a little extra cushion for down the line. Is there any reason NOT to do this (aside from having to wait an extra day or two to have it shipped)? This seems like a stupid question, but for some reason I'm hesitating, not sure why. I won't be using this for any major programs now, but may be getting into some light editing down the line.

Thanks in advance....

2. thelosmos macrumors newbie

thelosmos

If your comfortable preforming a minor upgrade yourself you can always pick up a 500GB drive for under 80 bucks now or for a little more you can pickup a 1TB for 110 or so.

Just a thought......:)

3. MarketingGuy macrumors member

It really is up to your usage patterns. For $45. why not upgrade? Media tends to only get bigger as it increases in resolution or bitrate (cameras add megapixels that increase file sizes, etc.).

You could always upgrade down the road, but depending on usage and your next purchase, you may never need to upgrade the HD.