Worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dcaccount, Nov 1, 2014.

1. dcaccount macrumors regular

Just a simple question, I own a iPad Air 1 and I a wondering if it would be worth upgrading to Air 2.

I would give the Air 1 to my daughter, nevertheless I am still doubtful whether to upgrade or not.

Thanks for advising, daniele

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

There are 5 maybe 6 benefits to the Air 2 vs the Air

1) A8X
    2) thinner, lighter
    3) laminated screen
    4) 2GB RAM
    5) TouchID
    6) NFC ?

If any of those are a benefit to you then it might answer your question. I have an Air decided against upgrading. None of the above was of interest to me and how I use my iPad.

3. dilap macrumors 6502a

For me, I really just wanted Touch ID, but, I realised I was fine without it, until they announced it! I stuck with my Air 1

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Agreed. I also have an Air and am staying put this time around. The RAM and chip would be nice to have but they are hardly mandatory. My Air has always been a beast and performed pretty much flawlessly since day one so I just don't see the need to update.

IMO, Air owners can skip the Air 2 unless there is a must have item on that list which I doubt there really is. Everyone with a 4th gen or less should go ahead and get the Air 2. Although, the deals on the Air are certainly intriguing.... ;)

5. ELBdelorean macrumors member

iPad air 2 doesn't have NFC but it does support apple pay for purchases you make on your iPad.