Worth waiting another 2 months for an iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Christophwoar, Nov 4, 2011.

  1. Christophwoar macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2011
    #1
    Heey, so I've done my homework on them, and i was wondering about buying an iMac and if there's any point waiting till January for one, i have the money now, and i'm a graphics design college student, so the £450 15" Sony VAIO i have now isnt really great for what i want it for. At all.

    I'm pretty happy with the specs of the current (272, 2.7GHz, 4gb standard-but gonna upgrade myself) iMacs, i'm just worried that a new one might come out thats easier to upgrade things for, more like a cross between an iMac and a Mac pro...

    But yeah i can carry on with my mediocre laptop until my next college project in January if there might be one then, but is there any point? Thankyou for any answers in advance <3
     
  2. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2010
    #2
    Its not coming in Next couple months. Thats for sure...
    For new iMAC we are expecting Oct-NoV-2012. So if you really want to wait that much or not , its up to you.

    goodluck
     
  3. basher macrumors 6502

    basher

    Joined:
    May 27, 2011
    Location:
    Glendale, AZ USA
    #3
    I havent' heard anything from Apple about new hardware being released in January.

    IMO, buy now if you need to.
     
  4. majordude macrumors 68020

    majordude

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2007
    Location:
    Hootersville
    #4
    Yeah, I just bought an iMac. I needed one now. Plus, I really don't expect an update very soon. They just did the i7 in March I think and they still have the iPhone 5 and iPad 2.x or 3 to announce before a new iMac.

    That's just my guess.
     
  5. rossip macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2011
    #5
    An update is probably not too far off, 44 days till we hit the average update cycle according to the buyers guide. Macbook pro's and iMacs often receive similar updates in time and type. The last update to the Macbook pro was 11 days ago, and was a quiet speed bump. IS this what the iMacs will get, maybe but who really knows.

    If i were you I would wait if i could, if I planned to buy new, or I would just buy the current model refurb today. But since you are going to school the refurb price might be nearly the same as the educational discount. You'll have to take that into account.

    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
     
  6. NMF macrumors 6502a

    NMF

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2011
    #6
    Do we really think they're going to refresh before the Ivy Bridge chips come out? I mean really, there aren't really any new components they could put into the iMac. I suppose they could update the SSD's and perhaps make them part of the baseline, but I dunno. I assumed they'd wait until Ivy Bridge to refresh.
     
  7. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

    boy-better-know

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Location:
    England
    #7
    Oct/nov 2012 for the next update. Lol thats just not true.
     

Share This Page