Worth waiting for 32GB iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zer0tails, Jul 9, 2008.

1. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

hi everyone,

just wondering if any of you are waiting for a 32GB flavor or if you think it's worth the wait? My rationale for this is that, since I have to sign up on a long term contract when getting the iPhone, it will make it difficult to impossible to upgrade to the new 32GB version when it comes out. Unlike macs, I can't get the latest and greatest with every iphone.

Also, I could definitely use the extra gigs. Plus currently the price plans in Canada is not good, so I am hoping by the time a 32GB version comes along..prices will be much better.

what do ya'all think? Or am I asking the wrong question here, and maybe it should be whether there will even be a 32GB version?

2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

If you have the patience to wait and the extra storage is a MUST, then wait.

Or you could always buy it now then sell it when 32GB comes out.

3. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

My advice, If you need an iPhone now, queue up on Friday.

If you want to wait for 32GB, because you need it, go for it.

You could be waiting until September/November, or at the latest,
    Macworld 2009 (January).

R-Fly

4. rayward macrumors 68000

I'm waiting for the 32gigger and hoping that 2.0 gives me enough to play with that I won't miss not having the 3G. You're correct that, if you buy a 3G phone now, you'll be buggered for upgrading when the bigger capacity model comes out.

iPhone is now sold like any cell phone, so you get one cheap with a new contract, but you have to see out most of that contract before you get a discount on a new one. You can always sell the 16GB and buy a 32GB when it comes out, but you'll pay full price for the 32GB phone (some here have speculated as much as $800 for it unsubsidised) and you'll get back a lot less than $200 for your 16GB phone.

Right now I don't see GPS and faster off-wifi data as good reasons to go for a 16GB 3G when I know that I will want 32GB as soon as it comes out.

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Well Canada is now offering 6GB for $30 which sounds like a pretty good deal, and it seems to only be offered for a limited time.

I would say a 32GB iPhone would come somewhere around OCtober 2008 - January 2009.