Worth waiting?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dghx, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. dghx macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    #1
    Hi all

    I'm looking at purchasing a Macbook next month, but not sure whether I should wait until Leopard comes out. In your opinion, is it worth waiting? are there any significant changes apart from Leopard expected to be released?

    I don't really want to wait, but if I have to, I could.

    Thanks
     
  2. Blueprint macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2007
    #2
    I'm in the same situation - but I’ve decided to wait and buy at the next update but that might be November or even early next year so its up to you. I'm just hoping they release a fully updated line with Leopard but i guess there are a lot of other people hoping for the same.
     
  3. psychofreak Retired

    psychofreak

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #3
    There will probably be no hardware changes to the Macbook, as they were recently updated. However, I would not be surprised at a new machine (13" MBP? Touchscreen?) with Leopard's launch. As well as Leopard, you will probably also get the next iLife suite (if it is released) and if Tiger is anything to go by, if you buy a Macbook now, you will have to pay to upgrade iLife.

    If you need it, buy...if you don't, wait :)
     
  4. samh004 macrumors 68020

    samh004

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2004
    Location:
    Australia
    #4
    And bottom line is you should always be happy with what you get, there will always be updates and the current line is pretty good value.
     
  5. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

    BillyBobBongo

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2007
    Location:
    On The Interweb Thingy!
    #5
    Price of Macbooks in the Netherlands (at least in my local store) is down by about €200.....so it makes no real difference as you'll be saving enough to buy the OS later on....I guess that's the idea?!

    Not sure of course it's that's the same everywhere else though! :p
     
  6. JasonMac macrumors regular

    JasonMac

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    #6
    dont wait just get one now and upgrade to leopard later, 3 months is too long to be without a macbook!!! :)
     
  7. nbrendal macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 22, 2007
    #7
    If you are a student or an educator you should buy now. Free iPod, plus the free printer deal. $300 worth of free stuff outweighs Leopard imo.
     
  8. samh004 macrumors 68020

    samh004

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2004
    Location:
    Australia
    #8
    Topic starter is in Australia so cannot use the "Back to School promotion" until December roughly. Also high school students can't get education discount in Australia, not sure about the US ?
     
  9. dghx thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    #9
    Correct. I don't think they can in the U.S. either. But I stand corrected.
     
  10. Sopranino macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Location:
    Alberta, Canada
    #10
    I've just spent the better part of the last 11 hours with my new SR MBP, I couldn't be happier! This is a great machine. I don't think that there will be any hardware updates to either MB or MBP line prior to Leopard coming out, although there may be a new sub-notebook coming out. (rumor mill)

    Considering how great the current MB[P] line is right now you could purchase now and not regret it later on if Apple actually does update something in the next few months.

    My experience with the update event happened one week after getting my MBP, they jumped the processor from 1GHz to 1.25 GHz, man was I P'oed!!
    (can you imagine a 25% speed increase for the same amount of money....)

    Ahhh well......

    Sopranino
     
  11. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

    Cybergypsy

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Location:
    Central Florida!
    #11
    i bought one on IPhone day, and this is the best build yet, as sooon as you get a mac the next one is 6 months away,,,buy now and enjoy.....
     

Share This Page