Worthwhile to go to Apple store on a Sunday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thelookingglass, Sep 20, 2014.

1. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

So let's say you're still in the hunt for a that elusive iPhone 6+. Do you even bother going to the Apple store on a Sunday? If they didn't have any stock on Saturday, why would they have any on Sunday? Do UPS/FedEx have special arrangements with Apple for weekend delivery to retail stores?

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Absolutely!
    In another thread I'm in somebody went on Apple.com late last night and reserved a 128GB 6+ and picked it up today. The larger Apple stores get new stock every day.

3. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Dude, just make a reservation and save yourself the hassle.

I casually made a reservation earlier this morning (completely unplanned), then picked up the phone within 30 minutes of arriving at the store. I have no idea why people would line up for hours when there's completely no need. The store had full stock when I made the reservation earlier this morning as well.

4. thelookingglass thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, but that's my question. This person went on apple.com on a FRIDAY night and picked it up on a SATURDAY. If there's no stock in my nearby Apple store on a Saturday, then it's not even worth it to go on a SUNDAY is it?

----------

You're probably talking about the iPhone 6. Those are easy to get. As I mentioned in my first post, I'm talking about the 6+. A different beast entirely in terms of availability.

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I don't know about the other poster, but I'm talking about a Plus. The Apple stores could be getting shipments on Saturday. The trick is to wait until very last at night and check to see if you can reserve at any of the local stores.

6. k2001 macrumors newbie

Reserved it. Don't line up there will be scrapers.

7. mooseatx macrumors member

8. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Although I bought the iPhone 6, I also checked stock for the iPhone 6 Plus. Both models we're in stock for each storage capacity as of 7am this morning (I only checked the space gray colour).

I'm pretty sure the store is receiving daily shipments as they'll probably sell out most days for the first week or so. I would imagine this is true for other locations as well. Besides, it only takes 2 minutes to check the stock levels via the reservation system.

9. thelookingglass thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah that's definitely the case where I am.

10. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

11. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I went today to get a case. Place was a zoo. Line for people stopping in to try to randomly get a phone: ~50 people. Line for reserved pickups: 1 person (me). I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

12. Starfyre macrumors 68020

Starfyre

That is not entirely true, my local store didn't get anything Saturday and it is in a very populated urban area.

13. thelookingglass thread starter macrumors 68000

I think it's the same concept as in store pickups in the US, isn't it?

14. teabonesteak macrumors regular

was at the grove store to buy apple care... lol. the line was crazy long. looked to be over 100 for the preorder and the no order lines.

15. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

16. projectfx macrumors regular

woke up this morning, checked apple website for local pick availability, saw there was a 128gb 6+ available an hour away, placed the order, got email saying order was ready, got to store, was walked in ahead of the entire line, in...out...20 minutes. THIS IS THE WAY TO GO.