Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I dropped my phone today from some height, it was in a case and there's no marks and it seems to be working fine, from what I can see. However what about the stuff I can't see? Such as internal damages.

I ran a geek bench and i think this is okay?
b4a9c8a6f00f2d40040f28ae78527bf4.jpg

I am pretty confident it's fine but this did spike my curiously, which is why I decided to come on here and ask you guys.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I dropped my phone today from some height, it was in a case and there's no marks and it seems to be working fine, from what I can see. However what about the stuff I can't see? Such as internal damages.

I ran a geek bench and i think this is okay?
b4a9c8a6f00f2d40040f28ae78527bf4.jpg

I am pretty confident it's fine but this did spike my curiously, which is why I decided to come on here and ask you guys.

Nah, it wouldn't indicate anything.

Just to reassure you though, it's pretty easy to diagnose with iPhones. The components are packed like sardines in there, and there aren't any loose bits or moving components. If something got damaged, it'll simply stop working. So if it still works fine, it's fine. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.