Would a InvisbleShield on back and smartcover be ok for general use?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MrMister111, Mar 15, 2011.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I'm in UK so haven't got an iPad 2 yet, hopefully this month.

I like the look of the smartcover as I hate bulky cases on any of my gadgets anyway. I like the way you can take it off quickly and also fold around the back.

But I think I would need some cover/skin on the rear to protect from scratches. So would an InvisibleShield or similar be ok for use with the smartcover?

I will probably also buy a slip case for when I take it out an about, but for in the house would just want a smartcover and shield on (will with a smartcover on it fit in any slip cases?

So this is my solution (for when eventually they are released and ins stock in UK!)

Can someone comment, who has one, used what I say above

cheers

2. gigemzach, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

gigemzach macrumors 6502

This is exactly what I'm doing. Seems to work great!!

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Cool, so have you got an iPad 2 already? or this is what you want to do? Where are you going to order from etc please, especially if in UK?

cheers

4. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I'm in America so I already have it :D

5. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

I'm quie sure it would work but generally speaking Zagg sucks, sorry, it just feels totally unnatural and is over priced! Best Skins is the same and is a third of the price, even wrapsol is better but a little more expensive.

6. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Which skin would you recommend then please?

I think I'm going to have to have something on for protection on the back that's all

Cheers

7. halloweenie macrumors newbie

I don't have my iPad in hand yet, but what I'm doing sounds similar to you.

I have a Smart Cover for the front, have a Zagg cover to protect the back side (no shield on the front, just on the back), and have a neoprene case for travel.

Personally, I love Zagg. I have their covers on all of my electronics and they work awesomely. I've even replaced a couple that I significantly scratched (no damage to my device!) and their warranty policy is great.

8. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ive had quite a few Zaggs, and they've been ok in general. The one I have on my iPhone 4 now though is rubbish, peeling away on sides etc.

Also the iPad 2 Zaggs are very pricey this time, I've ordered a bestskinsever for my iPad 2 (when I get one here in UK!), half the price of Zagg, and they look good on reviews etc.

9. halloweenie macrumors newbie

I've never had any peeling problems and I have Zagg covers on a lot of electronics. Weird. If it does start to peel off, you can always replace it. That's one nice thing about Zagg - the free lifetime replacement (minus shipping, of course). But, we all have our preferences.

10. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

There's something about spraying a liquid on an electronic device that never appealed to me. :eek: I like the Zagg/Mate keyboard and their skins, but never used their shields.

11. gigemzach macrumors 6502

But best skins ever is also like 1/4 the cost of Zagg.

12. halloweenie macrumors newbie

Do they have a replacement policy? I've had to replace most of my Zagg covers because I scratched them up or had to replace the device, so that's important to me.