Would a magic eraser be good to clean a macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikemanblah, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mikemanblah macrumors regular

Would a mr clean magic eraser be good to clean a late 09 macbook pro?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I recommend a slightly damp cloth and maybe a microfiber + iKlear for the screen.

3. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

i did a project on magic erasers for my physics class in annoying great detail. i say this because i read about a lot of people talking about how the magic eraser is like taking sandpaper to your mbp.

while they do work by effectively sandpapering marks off, the melamine foam (which is what a magic eraser is) is so fine, that you can use it without marking up or otherwise damaging a metal surface like your mbp. i did a whole bunch of tests on different metals including aluminum and they're weren't even microscopic abrasions as a result. just make sure you moisten it first and then wring it out so it's not dripping or anything, but ensure it IS moist -that's the key. i use one on my mbp all the time.

just whatever you do, DON'T use it on the screen. it will destroy it with such fury that you will swear you have angered some sort of ancient god. i use monster screen clean for my keys/screen :eek:!

4. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

you can't clean magic with magic, just doesn't work like that