would a Patriot Warp v2 32GB SSD be worth getting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bereda, Mar 20, 2009.

1. bereda macrumors member

i dont use my mac much at all its more like my net book but i have a external tb drive for anything i dl... but would adding that drive increase performance in my rev a(or4i forget) mbp

2. SimD macrumors regular

Ok this is what I heard so don't quote me on it.

From what I hear, to have prime performance, you need at least 20gb or 30% of your hard drive to be empty. OS X is quite bloated in terms of hd space it takes so you'd be down to like 15gb free..

Again, I'd suggest you read up on what I wrote to find the actual data, but it's something along those lines.

3. emt1 macrumors 65816

I have a Vertex 30GB SSD. In addition to OS X, the only major program I have installed is iWork, which is using 355MB. I have 3.5 GB of music.

I am using 12.42GB leaving 17.66GB of free space. The computer is running beautifully. I used Monolingual to reduce the file size of all of my applications.

4. efedor macrumors regular

I have the Patriot 64 gb and I am very happy with it. Its very fast compared to my old 7200rpm hard drive and best of all it runs windows xp flawlessly. I had my doubts about spending $150 on it but I'm glad I did. I say do it, you'll enjoy it.