Would a Slot Loader iMac G3 be worth buying?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ibookos9, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ibookos9 macrumors member

ibookos9

Well I have always wanted a mac and now i have the chance to get one. I have the choice of a brand new PC Hp pavilion A6300F for $600.00 everything included or an iMac g3 slot loader for $125.00. I am wondering if the iMac would be worth buying. Well i would run Mac OS 9 and Mac OS 10.4 on it. I will upgrade it's ram to 1GB. I would keep it's stock hard drive in there. I will not be running any intensive programs on the iMac. I will use it for older Mac games and internet browsing and iTunes etc. I don't know if i should get the iMac or PC. The PC has windows vista home premium on it and i have plans to run ALL The Sims 2 series on it because my PC now can just run The Sims 2 and the stuff packs because of Gateway's budget graphics cards. SO what should it be Mac Or PC? :apple:

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Just buy a new Mac Mini if you're spending $600. The G3 isn't worth your effort if its your first one. Actually not worth it regardless, and $125? No way!

3. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

First off, whoever is trying to sell you a g3 slot loader for $125 is trying to rip you off big time!!!! I would not pay more than 50 stock. Go to ebay and check the prices, I am right. Don't get me wrong, I love my imac g3s to death (I have 2 set up in my house), but you sir are getting screwed.