Would a usb hub for Rock Band (Xbox 360) work with a MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ryuukumori, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

I know this might be a dumb question to ask, and yes- also about using it with a Microsoft- related product (hey, xbox 360s are one of few good things Microsoft makes!). Anyways, I don't own a MBP, just waiting for the new ones to come out, and had a curious question in mind. Even though the usb hub for Rock Band (4 usb ports) has to use a power adapter (I don't know why)... would it still work with 3 extra usb ports on the MBP?

It might seem dumb, but if it doesn't work, I'm probably better off buying a better one without the need of a power adapter and with possibly more usb ports. What are some good ones out there?

Thanks for any help. I'm typing very uncomfortably right now with a fractured collarbone after a ski collision (on someone else's part, not mine).

2. SoLibertyDies macrumors regular

I believe it's just a normal usb hub so yeah it should work I see no reason why it wouldn't. It's not a very good one though you can get the same quality at walmart for like 10 dollars. *shrug*

3. Ryuukumori thread starter macrumors 6502

4. golfgod130 macrumors newbie

golfgod130

Yes

Yes, I'm currently using the RB USB hub with my 2 hard drives and mouse on my new Aluminum Macbook:D.