Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 31, 2004
I want to get Leopard Server to start learning the ins and outs. I could just buy it for $499, but I'm wondering if the $499 ADC Select membership would allow me to download a developer version of Leopard Server. I know they have a pre-release of Snow Leopard Server, but I'm not interested in that.

Any of you ADC members know the answer to this?
Thanks,
Lee Tom

ninjadex

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
You get access to the currently shipping version of server (10.5 Leopard), but is licensed to only use for development purposes. The license is also only temporary, and the development serial expires after a period of time. So you will need to keep renewing your membership to continue use.

Hope that helps.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 31, 2004
That's perfect! It'll just be on my home Mac Mini for playin' around, so that's perfect. YESSSSSSS!

MrFusion

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
West-Europe
That's perfect! It'll just be on my home Mac Mini for playin' around, so that's perfect. YESSSSSSS!

If the server software is the only reason you are getting the ADC select, then why do it? You just have to spend 500 each year, instead of once. Unless you want to use the account for something else as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.