Would an ACD update be meaningful?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cloud9, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Cloud9 macrumors regular

I just got a new MBP 15"! Yeah! my life is now so much faster. Then the next day I brought my PB G4 in to get fixed. When I did so I pluged my MBP into a 23" ACD and played around in lightroom, which is the main program I use for my photography business. Now I was planning on buying an 23" or 24" lcd to plug into anyway and now I am excited to trade my PB in at a local reseller for credit towards a 23" acd. But I see in the buyers guide taht an update might come soon. I am wondering how meaningful that update would be for me. I am excited to start working on a larger display now but.....

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

HDCP support, higher resolution panels, newer generation panels, lower prices.

3. gotzero macrumors 68040

I can certainly see HDCP (my question is would it bother me not having it?)

I think the 23" will die off and be replaced with a 24", but other than that, are there really any other higher resolution panels in the pipeline that are not available already?

I assume LED backlighting will come in eventually, and probably isight. Other than that I really do not see any other changes. There has not really been a game-changing display development recently. Maybe they will just knock down prices again...

I have two of the 23"s right now, and it would take a lot of upgrading/price dropping for me to want to upgrade.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If they were thinner it would be nice...and more consumer friendly, like an option to fit with the Mini that isn't too expensive...right now they're very pro-centric. Having a 23"er with IR (for the remote, to use with Front Row) and iSight, without such a massive price that its worth getting an iMac, would be awesome...