Would an Apple employee install a screen protector for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mattdo93, Jul 11, 2011.

1. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I'm thinking of getting a Powersupport screen protector. Anti-Glare or Crystal? I'm not sure yet. But if I do get one at the Apple store, would an Apple employee install it for me? I ask because I suck at applying them :(

2. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Yes. They did it for me with a screen protector that came with a case that I got online.

3. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Was it a perfect installation?

4. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Yes. No bubbling, even after I applied the case. Now, there's a certain human element to all this, so maybe not all the employees are as good at it. But I would assume that a less confident employee would hand it off to someone that they know can do it well.

5. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

At the store I worked at, employees were allowed to install them, but not required to. We didnt get any special training on some magical way to do it so that it's guaranteed perfect, so I was one of the employees that wouldn't put them on for customers. There was usually someone else I could find that would do it though. Watching my co-workers, everyone had a different way, and none of them were totally perfect every time, so I just stayed away from the whole mess. Lol

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Haha at my store I was known as "sp king" because I was the one to help out the guests with their screen protectors. I've put on hundreds :D

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah they'll do it. at least they do at my local store!

9. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

One last question.

Where do they apply it for you? In a backroom? :confused:

10. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Right on the floor.

11. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

From the responses above, sounds like I'm in an "area" where they (for some reason) just don't do it. I live near 2 stores, and neither one will do it. Though if you mess up (on your own), you just bring the whole package back and receive a new one. (I don't purchase SPs from Apple anymore though, so it's a moot point now.)

In any case, this was how I was pushed into mastering the task myself. The case I use is exceptionally susceptible to exact positioning, lest the corners will lift. In the beginning, many wasted screen protectors, much time fiddling with specks of dust underneath, and so on. Now I'm quick and tidy: done within minutes usually.

But gawd help me, screen protectors are one of the banes of my existence. Yeah, I have the choice not to use one, but I choose to do so. I hope the next iPhone iteration at least won't have a scratch prone (read: glass) back -- leaving only the front to protect.