Would an itunes restore help a possibly bad mic?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maverick22, Apr 11, 2017.

1. maverick22 macrumors 6502

As I have mentioned in another thread, my iphone 7 plus from T-Mobile has had some issues with people on the other end hearing me well. They say I cut in and out often and can't hear me well. I don't know if it's my phone or T-Mobile's service lacking in my area.

One tech at T-mobile blamed it on the near tower being modernized.

Another tech said he didn't think that was right, that he would try doing an itunes restore. Does that sound like something that would help a possibly bad mic? Maybe even network issues?

thanks

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

It sounds to be hardware related or network related. Restoring will not affect either of those. Thats just a waste of time.

3. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing.

What about resetting network connections. The first tech support rep I spoke to suggested waiting until the tower was completed (modernizing), and then reset network connections. Would that seem like something that would help?

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Highly unlikely, but because you only lose WiFi passwords, it might be worth the try. If you were having worse coverage than normal, a network settings might help but I can't imagine a spotty mic will be fixed with that.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Maybe could help but doubt it.

I am also betting on either hardware or carrier problems.

6. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

Just try doing a FaceTime audio call to determine if it's a hardware problem or a service one.

7. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

So if it's a service problem what would need to be done?

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If its a service problem, nothing your really can do except keep calling TMO and tell them to fix it. They will probably open a case for you.

9. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 11, 2017 ---
    I forgot to mention that my wife's 6 plus from AT&T is performing better. She doesn't have any issues.

I have turned LTE for voice, and it seems to be doing better since then, but I was curious about what the tech support reps suggested.