Would anyone else find this feature handy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mcbar, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Mcbar macrumors newbie

hi all, just to break away from the 4.0 discussions for a bit, i work in a loud environment and have my ringtone on full all day, when i get home my little on is in bed sleeping soundly until my phone makes huge noise (cause i always forget to lower it)
    question is would anyone else find an automatic ringtone silencer/reducer set for a certain time handy? maybe change the noise to something less noisy after 10pm or something
    Of course if anyone knows of an app that might do this then please share - i have jailbroken 3G
    anyway you can carry on with the multi-tasking discussions, just sat here wondering thats all
    cheers

2. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

The vibrate switch will do you wonders my friend.;)

3. Mcbar thread starter macrumors newbie

it would if i remembered - hence the need for some automated help ;)

4. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Really? It's one of the few switches Apple put on the iPhone. Your thumb practically sits on it when you're using the phone.

Why not just leave it on vibrate all the time?

5. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Also, a location based ringer would be a great addition.

6. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

And people wonder why other countries have this premonition that American's are all so fat and lazy. I remember the days when people had to actually do things themselves on their phones...seriously, its the only switch on the phone. It's not that difficult to pick up your phone and switch it to silent.

7. Mcbar thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, firstly i'm not american, secondly you are confusing laziness with forgetfulness, please read the post.
    of course i could set an alarm to remind me to put on vibration (i cant have it on all day like that) but that kind of defeats the object in trying to stop a noisy phone

8. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

if the phone is on vibrate will the alarm still sound loud? I could easily check this but I don't have my phone near me.

Thanks

9. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

I think there is an app for jailbroken phones that gives you profiles.

I wish :apple: would do the same - they're the one and only thing I miss from my WinMo days!