Would anyone get a refurb'd iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zub3qin, Sep 18, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

With all the alleged problems with the touch, and the large number of returns (at least according to users on this site) I predict we will see a huge number of refurb'd units very soon.

While refurb'd apple products are great buys, in my opinion, is there anyone that would actually get a refurb'd iPod Touch?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, and I'm considering one now but at the price, the refurbished iPhone is also in my sights.

I don't know that the problems with the iPod touch are widespread, but I'd certainly like to avoid them.

3. Scribble1412 macrumors newbie

I'm all about Apple Refurbs. I get a 1 year warranty and I can still buy the Apple Protection Plan if I'm really concerned. In my time I've bought a couple refurbed iPods and if they had the Touch up there already... I wouldnt hesitate to get that over a new one.

4. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

Yeah, I'd say refurbs aren't a bad idea (especially the early ones because they could only have had a couple of months use), but in this case I see two downsides:

1.) Savings: Likely only $50, because $199 for a touch would just be too good and they can sell them at the higher price. While the first iphone refurbs were $100 off, now the $399 model is only $349 refurbished. Plus, if you get it at Costco, its already $10 off, and Target has a 10% coupon (total $269) for online purchases (code: TGTAFLAF) and may have others in the future.

2.) Wait: I don't know about you, but I'd have a hard time waiting a couple of months (the time it took iphone refurbs to come out) just to save $50. Thats less than a dollar a day, plus you don't know when they'll come out (although the screen issue could mean far more returned (and fixed?) far earlier).