Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I bought the base 15" at the Apple Store yesterday. I wanted to get the high-res display but I was told that is only reserved for the high-end models in-store. So I settled and got the standard res.

I took it home and played with it for a day and now remember why I wanted the high res! So I just placed an order online for the same model, but with the high res option.

So my question is will it be okay to keep the original mac until I receive my BTO one then return it? I really can't be without a computer for that long.

ddoolin0

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
I bought the base 15" at the Apple Store yesterday. I wanted to get the high-res display but I was told that is only reserved for the high-end models in-store. So I settled and got the standard res.

I took it home and played with it for a day and now remember why I wanted the high res! So I just placed an order online for the same model, but with the high res option.

So my question is will it be okay to keep the original mac until I receive my BTO one then return it? I really can't be without a computer for that long.

Is it really so different? I dunno if I really want the higher resolution or not. The colors look really good even on the 13".

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington

You have 30 days to return it, opened or not.

TEG

jreuschl

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
The online return policy is 14 days.. make sure it isn't 14 days for your purchase.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Is it really so different? I dunno if I really want the higher resolution or not. The colors look really good even on the 13".
The difference is pretty clear to me. After playing with a high res one in store for a few minutes, and coming home to standard res, you can easily tell the difference.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Benjamins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010

I am sure it's fine. Just tell them you really want the high-res display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.