Would apple let me exchange my phone for light leak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Mar 18, 2009.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i have had a light leak on my iPhone since i bough it when they were first released. Btw i have the 3g iphone. I was wondering if i went to apple in say may or so and complain about it would they give me another iphone 3g?

i would do it around may, because i would like my iphone to be scratchless and in perfect condition for the new 3.0 software and yes im being a bit nuts lol.

2. mrXniick macrumors member

I exchanged mine for a new one for light leak, no questions asked.

3. cmac89 macrumors newbie

I've had to have my replaced for hardward issues and as long as youre in warranty I dont think they will ask too many questions.

At least at the Apple store I went to they didnt.

4. Davoo macrumors member

You really don't need to get it replaced. I posted this in another thread about light leaks.

Hey guys,
    I haven't read this whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone else touched on this but there is a really fast and really easy fix for this. All you need is a razor blade. In between the glass and the bezel there is a thin rubber seal. If you place the razor blade between the glass and that rubber seal you can GENTLY massage the seal outwards from the glass to under the bezel so that you can cover the light leaks. I had about 5 "leaks" going up the entire left side of my phone and now don't have any. Not too big of a deal but it was so easy and quick to fix I figured I'd share.