Would Apple repair my iPod Touch if......

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Iceburg640, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Iceburg640 macrumors newbie

Would Apple repair my iPod Touch if there is a dent in the back and a couple of scratches on the screen?

Thanks in advanced

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

depends on who you get? I've seem some of the geniuses say you have a small dent and send them on there way..while others say you have a small dent that might be the problem..here's a new one.... it depends on the person you get

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Well at least its not Jailbroken :)

What right would they have to refuse you service? Does a dent or a scratch call for voiding the warranty???

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Yes, its called physical abuse. Depending on the severity of the damage, they might refuse to repair it, even if the issue is seemingly unrelated. Thats why you need to take care of your stuff...

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

I don't understand what you're asking. Is there an actual problem with it or do you just want the cosmetic issues to be fixed? If it's the latter, I think that you'll find a snowball in hell before they give you a new one, but if you've got a functionality problem, they'll probably fix it.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

yep, the warranty will only cover hardware/software related issues, and not damage from use.

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

YEAH IT WILL ONLY COVER damage from use. but if something goes wrong and theres a dent in it, the dent is pure incidental and doesnt change the fact that apple have supplied a faulty good to customer....

nobody in their right mind would go to Apple and ask them to replace an iPod because the user dropped it.. its the users fault..

but the fact that a device has a scratch on it doesnt change the fact that Apple have sold a malfunctioning good and thus their responsibility to fix it.. they cant refuse to repair it... no wayyy

WHY? BECAUSE ITS THEIR FAULT THEREIS A HARDWARE / SOFTWARE PROBLEM

but if the dent or scratch causes the malfunctioning of device its ur problem..

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

You'd be surprised.