Would Apple replace my trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PVisitors, Mar 15, 2013.

1. PVisitors macrumors 6502a

Hi guys, just a quick question. My MBPR trackpad has started to go weird. In my opinion I would class it as broke.

Basically the issue is that, whilst it still works, it seems that it has lost a lot of pressure on the left hand side. The bottom right corner works a bit better however makes more than a 'clicking' sound, it's more like a cracking sound, the bottom left corner requires a lot more pressure than normal and no longer gives the standard 'clicking sound' (hard to explain). It really doesn't feel comfortable to use anymore as I have to press down harder on that side and there is no actual feedback from the trackpad button.

The top half of the actual trackpad is even worse and requires me actually press down with considerable force.

I'm not even sure how this has happened, there doesn't appear to be anything stuck behind it nor is there any noticeable defects on the pad. It has just suddenly start to play up.

Main worry is that Apple will refuse to fix it as it still works, but not to the standard I'd expect. The nearest Apple store here is quite a considerable distance so I would appreciate your guys opinion on whether they would fix it before I drive there. It is still within warranty.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I had a trackpad with wonky tracking, the MBP was under warranty.

Apple first tried to adjust it (little screw under the trackpad)
    Didn't resolve the issue so they replaced it.

3. natted macrumors newbie

natted

I'm sure they'll fix it if you can demonstrate the problem.

4. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

You do know how to find out don't you?

TAKE IT IN we don't know what Apple is going to do:confused:

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Since all rMBPs are still under the 1 year warranty by Apple, they should fix it for you for free.
    But thats as long as you didnt cause the damage, i.e. drop, spill, etc.