Would apple store exchange my small dented iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mmasuperfan77, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mmasuperfan77 macrumors newbie

Help, I've noticed my 1 month old iPad 2 has a very small dent in the back, you can really only notice it if you hold the iPad at a angle, I was wondering if I could get this relaxed in stoe at the apple store? I've read lots of storys regarding people getting there's replaced for all sorts of reasons

Many thanks

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Only if the dent was already there in the first place.:rolleyes:

3. Mmasuperfan77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Could I just say its been there all the time ? It's under a month old..

4. NbinHD macrumors 6502

You could, but it couldn't;t be very effective as it would be obvious you wouldn't wait 1 month before returning your iPad that came with a dent. If I was in your situation I would tell them the truth, and hope for the nicest employee in the store. Apple is generally really good with there customer service and the way they treat there customers. Just tell them the truth about how it happened and ask them if there is anything they can do to help. Or just buy a case and you can't see it? Also how did it get a did in it?

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

You could get an exchange for whatever reason you wanted to like you don't like the look of the screen etc if you wanted to stretch the truth. A small dent I don't think Apple would give you a hard time for it. Why? Because they have tons of refurbs that come with a new outer shell. So if you are willing to swap out a new iPad 2 for a refurb I don't see them giving you a hard time.

FYI, buy yourself a rubberized case so you can help avoid those problems in the future. ;)

6. The New iPad macrumors regular

If you can only see it in a certain light/angle, why do you care?

7. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

but what would your mother say to you if you lied? ;)

8. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

You mean you're asking us if it would be all right for you to tell a damn lie? You know, normally when I am planning to do something morally reprehensible and technically fraud, I don't put it out for public consumption first. :rolleyes:

9. TurnTronics macrumors member

If the dent is the only thing wrong with your iPad, it is highly unlikely they will replace it. If you had a functional defect, they may overlook the small ding.

When I owned the iPhone 3GS, there were some small hairline cracks on the back by the charge port. They would not replace it even though they were due to a manufacturing defect.

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

There is no such thing as a small iPad, dented or not. And I doubt that Apple is building one now. ;) :D

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

Sometimes I think that some posters here have the morals of a high level politician. i.e. none.

12. Rodster macrumors 68040

Now, was that really necessary?

[​IMG]

13. WilliamLX macrumors newbie

I wouldn't want to change a new iPad 2 for a refurbished second hand one.

14. poloponies macrumors 68030

Because?

15. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

The same could be asked about the OP's post.