would apple store let me buy 3 ipad 2 's if....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i need 3 ipad 2's ... but i think apple is restricting only two per person.... i was thinking of going to the local apple store early morning and try my luck and see if they got shipment ..is it possible to have my wife with me so i can buy 2 and she can buy one (if they have it in stock) ... have any one experienced any problem with this ... we have the same last name and billing address. thank you

2. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

2 per person. Does not matter about billing addres. Guy I was with Friday got 3, I was going to get one for him but apple guy said I'll sell you three. (2 is limit though per person)

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

hummmm so do we need to pretend that we don't know each other or some thing? i sort of want to know what they have and act accordingly . my wife doesn't understand ipad 2 details very well except you are get white or black

4. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Nope I wouldn't worry about it.. They can know that your husband and wife.. As long as they are both separate transactions they can't give you a problem... 2 per order= 2 per transaction..

Hope this helps

James

5. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

great! i dont want to act funny in the store (on in line) but the truth is that i might need to help her pick the one which we want ... so its ok to have more the 2 ipad per household i guess !

6. joltaxt macrumors regular

You're looking way too much into this. Just buy it with your wife and have her pay separately. They aren't going to call the cops or make a scene about it if you're there with your wife. Some people are so damn paranoid, Jesus Christ.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

thanks ! i actually feel better after your comment .. i called apple store just now and they told me 2 per person and i asked them if i will be ok gettting three with my wife and they said yes... ill update to let u guys know how i made out thanks

8. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Dont think you will be able to purchase three on a single card, as long as your wife has her own card it shouldn't be a problem.

9. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

I believe the credit cards have to have your names on them, though (you and your wife). I tried to buy software once with a debit card in my husbands name and they said no, card had to be in my name. So I used a different card. Just FYI.