Would Apple's recycle program give me even less when the '16 rMBPs come out?

MauerFan07

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
I eventually plan on getting a new laptop, but it isn't urgent. Under Apple's recycling program I could get roughly $450 for my non-retina MBP. When the new ones come out do you think I would get even less? If so, I'd just trade it in now & go ahead and upgrade. I get that $450 isn't a ton, but it'd be a nice gift card value.

MauerFan07

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
The value will only go down.
Figured. I'm obviously not expecting to get a huge amount. I guess I just have to decide if I think the potential upgrades would be worth it ;). Might just go ahead and pull the trigger.

MauerFan07

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Alright, I think I have my decision made & I'm gonna order it tonight. Going with a 13", 8 GB, 512 SSD rMBP. Almost went w/ the 12", but even though I'm not a "power user" this will be my main machine.

MauerFan07

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Yeah my 13" i7 non retina would go for like $700-1000 on eBay.
I suppose I could replace the battery and throw in an SSD, and then try ebay? I say throw in an SSD, because I have the original HDD in there, and it's definitely slowing down.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I suppose I could replace the battery and throw in an SSD, and then try ebay? I say throw in an SSD, because I have the original HDD in there, and it's definitely slowing down.
Don't spent $ on upgrades to sell it. You won't get your $ back.