Would appreciate some help with the 6S headphone port

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Droidzoid, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Droidzoid Suspended

Droidzoid

So I've had the 5,5S 6 and now the 6S. I was plugging in my headphones yesterday and noticed that as I was slowly sliding in my headphones into the port the screen lit up before the jack clicked into place. Is that normal?

Could one of you helpful folks slowly slide in your headphone jack into the port and see if yours also lights up before the jack clicks into place? Or before its 100% in?

Thanks so much

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

3. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

The other 6S in the house doesnt do it until fully clicked in!

4. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

As soon as the jack makes contact with the port (even before it is snapped into place) it will turn the screen on and open whatever app you use the most when you plug your headphones in.

It is normal.

RELAX.

5. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

I am only asking beacuse it doesnt do that on the other 6S in the house...it only turns the screen on when completely plugged in.

6. Berthacrowley macrumors member

Berthacrowley

I just tried on my 6s+, my headphones do not turn on the screen until fully clicked in. I even wiggled the jack around and rotated it before fully clicking it in & I couldn't make it light up at all until it was all the way in.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

They're probably making the connection at slightly different points. I would think this is a perfectly acceptable manufacturing variance.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Tried it on my 6 and the screen turned on when the jack was mostly in, but before it actually clicked into place.

9. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Same on my 6s

C