Would appreciate your input /opinions please. x

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by RCE webdesign, Jul 11, 2012.

1. RCE webdesign macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just starting in wen design. Im currently running 3 live sites with another 4 to be live soon. Just asking for your thoughts and opinions on them please.

This first website id for a carpenter. He's a impossible to pin down to get the content sorted but you can sort of see what the site will look like once the contact is added. This is www.mchallltd.co.uk

This next one is a pet care company. www.newforestpetservices.co.uk

The third is an online catalogue type website, many, many pages involved.

Sites to soon go live will be a catering company, a holiday let, a tattoo shop, and a clothing shop.

So please take a look, let me know your thoughts and what you would expect people to pay for sites like these. Many thanks.

----------

oh and obviously soon my web design website!

2. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Hey,

Your sites seem to be functional, so I guess they're worth something. But if you just started, I wouldn't focus on trying to make money just yet. Practice some more. Graduate from iWeb into coding your own html/css then revisit making money at this. Good luck

3. bpaluzzi macrumors 6502a

bpaluzzi

What NathanCH said. I wouldn't expect to pay much for an iWeb site. Maybe $200-300, if it was a friend of mine.

There are a ton of problems with the code generated in these sites.

4. marcusj0015 macrumors 65816

No offense bro, but I'm gonna be completely honest. You NEED design sense. your sites look like relics from the late nineties. and I wouldn't trust them to be relevant, or possibly contain viruses, And by designing more beautiful sites, you can charge more, and people will actually want to hire you so it's win win.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's a little harsh, but the large text format is pretty basic...Functional? yes, but I think you could choose a different font and make the sites look a little more appealing. The pictures are good, but tend to distract the viewer from the actual content. Not bad for a first go though...Practice and looking at other sites will give you an inside into modern web design...It's a practice makes perfect thing, don't give up, you have the basics's now.:)

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace