Would AT&T match Verizon new every two credit for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brarian, Nov 16, 2008.

1. brarian macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried to get AT&T to match a Verizon new every two credit upgrade? I have a $100 credit for an upgrade with Verizon, but I'd prefer to get an iPhone rather than the Blackberry Storm. Think AT&T would be willing to match the credit for a new customer?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I doubt it, because you're switching, and that means that you're not going to stick with 1 service provider for a while, and you might switch outta AT&T when the next new best phone comes out, and only available for VZW.

plus the iPhone is subsidized like crazy good. :D

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

yah man, i paid full price for my 8gb 3G, wish I had the subsidized price option but I couldnt wait!

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Probably not, because, as you evidence, the Verizon offer gives a steep discount on a new Verizon phone every two years, except nobody wants a new Verizon phone anymore... they just want iPhones. :p

Can't hurt to try, though. :eek:

5. brarian thread starter macrumors newbie

Hope against hope

mrkrishnan said:
    Since Verizon will start selling the Blackberry Storm next week, which has similar features (and surely costs ye olde Verizon a ton to subsidize), AT&T might be a little more willing to wiggle. Especially since I would be able to apply my credit to the Storm instead of going through the trouble of switching carriers for the iPhone. Here's hoping, anyway.

6. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Nah.

They know you have 2 choices. Get an iphone (and give them your money) or don't and lose out on 1 sale.