Would be Funny if the iPhone X is not Well Liked...

booksbooks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
All of this hyperbolic hype...

While shipping times have slipped... we have no idea how many units of iPhone X actually sold, and therefore what the demand really is. Apple has shared unit sales numbers on opening weekend of a new iPhone in the past just after opening weekend. With Cook, transparency has faded.

Hard to know true demand right now.

It's funny to think that demand may be lower than people are led to believe: it's easy to manipulate consumers.

It's also funny to think of a scenario of the iPhone X being a disappointment to people.

I ordered two, and think I will like it, but the jury is still out for me. The notch is ugly big-time. And having content cut off on the top and bottom of the phone to account for the notch and rounded corners is bloody jarring.

I guess we'll see.

booksbooks

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
You find a lot of things funny about these random conspiracies in your own Post, but for the majority purchasing this new iPhone, they know exactly what They're buying and its overall success will be largely based on Face ID. The biggest hindrance being the price point.
How can people really know what they're buying if they've never seen the thing in person neither have they tried it? I mean, videos only take things so far...

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
How can people really know what they're buying if they've never seen the thing in person neither have they tried it? I mean, videos only take things so far...
Let's break this down and take the iPhone only as an example here. First, it's called a 14 day return policy. We know Apple puts out a premium product and it's quality in materials. Given most already have plenty of experience with iOS, the new technology is the most unknown factor. If it doesn't work for somebody, simply return it.