Would Be iPhone 6 4.7'' buyers, why did you jump to 5.5'"? Or are you not jumping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Sep 14, 2014.

?

What is the biggest reason you decided to get 5.5?

1. Screen Resolution (More Pixels!)

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Camera with Optical Image Stabilization

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Landscape Mode

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Higher Battery Capacity

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Starfyre, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

As the topic states, what is the biggest reason for you to jump over to the bigger iPhone Plus?

For me, the plus's camera with OIS is the biggest factor.

I am really on the fence and I just have this feeling Apple is going to make all iPhone Plus 5.5'' owners who would have preferred 4.7'', by releasing the "iPhone 6S" next year with OIS built in. I would prefer not to have to "get used to the 5.5''" size just to switch back to the 4.7'' next year because of the camera OIS.

With the iWatch requiring the iPhone, it seems to make sense to have a smaller device to go running around with than a big 5.5''.

The landscape mode is nice too, having a more "portable" iPad Mini, I am surprised not many people vote for it as that would have been my second reason.

2. scandalousapple macrumors newbie

Well, I jumped to above 5" screen size since Note 2 (from 3gs) because it was a new thing then. Now, I still keep 5.5" in my pre-order because I grew accustomed to the size and enjoy its benefits (extra screen real estate primarily). Also, my one-hand maneuvering skill on big phone has been mastered for the last 2 years, iPhone 6+ is no biggie for me :D :apple:. Hope you enjoy yours as much as mine

3. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

I thought about getting the 6, but all of the above were the reason I eventually went for the 6+.

4. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

People who order a 6 Plus went for the screen and battery.

But if you keep worrying about the year after you are never going to buy a phone.

5. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

A few reasons I'm not jumping..

- Much better screen off battery life, sure, but screen on is not much better at all. Wifi browsing - only an hour apart! The screen will be a power eater. Oh and recharging the phone will take twice as long.
    - OIS will help with videos and low light landscapes, but it's important to remember that OIS works because shutter speed increases, so if your target is moving, it will lead to a softer image. I doubt we'll be able to tell the difference in most photos.
    - Needs 3x image assets to display best and it will take developers a lot of time to do that. Scaling requires more GPU power.
    - One handed use is very valuable to me. Portability is valuable to me. I like the balance of form and function.

I like the 13 rMBP instead of the 15 inch model too!

6. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a