Would Cocoa knowledge help?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Simmons, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Simmons macrumors newbie

I read Learn Objective-C on the Mac and the other book on Objective-C that is written by Stephen Kochan, so I have a pretty good grasp on all those concepts. Going through Beginning iPhone 3 Development for the second time, I was wondering if some Cocoa knowledge would help me. I think maybe it would help me remember everything easier. What do you guys think?

2. xStep macrumors 68000

Well I would think that you are gaining some of that knowledge via that source you mention. Apple does have some basic getting started and understanding guides via their developer site.

Downloading the Standford University iPhone programming class via iTunes may be a nice quick way to get much of the Cocoa and iPhone development specific development overview you are looking for.

3. Simmons thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked at some of those videos and they don't seem like it would be a good source to learn from. It seems like you would have to be there in that class to get all that is offered.

4. xStep macrumors 68000

You are seeing what the in class students saw. There should be a support site too with the project information if you want to do them. That would be at Standford.

There is no shortcut to learning a complicated system such as Cocoa, which is part of OS X and iPhone development. Pick a path and jump in.