Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you were me, would get MobileMe

• Yeh definitely

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Naaawww it will not suit you

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

GuillaumeB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Just behind you
Alright I do need to know your opinion here cause I feel really torn

On the one hand
-i do like the idea of puch Mail/contacts/calendar

On the other hand
- I have a personal domain with a personal email address like firstname@lastname.fr
- I seriously doubt that the iDisk will match Dropbox speed

So what would you do in my case? Do you think it'd still be worth it? Would you try to find alternatives?

see I'm the kind of guy who likes homgeneity eventhough I know there will never be a perfect product for me out there...

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Alright I do need to know your opinion here cause I feel really torn

On the one hand
-i do like the idea of puch Mail/contacts/calendar

On the other hand
- I have a personal domain with a personal email address like firstname@lastname.fr
- I seriously doubt that the iDisk will match Dropbox speed

So what would you do in my case? Do you think it'd still be worth it? Would you try to find alternatives?

see I'm the kind of guy who likes homgeneity eventhough I know there will never be a perfect product for me out there...

Dropbox is a good service, as far as I see it though Apple and Dropbox use 2 totally different systems to function. Dropbox seems like a SVN/Shared Folder Type of service and Apple is an online Storage that allows you to dump/share files.. etc. As far as I know it does not let you know if a file has been updated and has undelete feature. But for people like me who don't have a dropbox invite, I'm forced to use Apple's service.

Like you, I have my own mail server configured to my own personal domain, right now I just have a shared folder on that server that I drag and drop files to all my computers, needless to say its a pain in the butt. Apple's service will also keep your Iphone in sync.

-Diseal3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.