Not likely unless you can find one used for under $1,500.Would I be happy with the low end MacPro Quad-Core 2.0ghz, with 512mb Graphics and 5GB memory? Or should I do my best to hold off til November? I have so many needs for it right now.
Sorry man, finally made up my mind and am going to wait for the update later this year. I have to. Need something faster than what's out now. But getting the laptop today to hold me over.I think you'll be much happier with that, than you would have with the 2.0GHz version. Wise choice
It's not too bad if you can get a refurb or unwanted/used machine. There are performance differences between Penryn and Clovertown though.Is the 3ghz Octo Core dumb to purchase regardless any update coming our way? ... Even if money wasn't an issue?
Exactly. Lots of posts often miss fundamental logic.If money wasn't an issue nothing would be a dumb purchase.
More like instantly. Check out this post #613 at the HSS thread to see the new pricing reality coming November 11. Gonna be hand me down time big time.That's good enough for a "quote of the year"!
But, OT.... getting a 2.0 GHz Xeon would seem a bad purchase after about 6 months. The gap with newer Xeons would be too big, if you ask me.