Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
brikeh said:
I wouldnt call it a myth. :rolleyes:

I would, there's no factual evidence to suggest Rev A products are any more problematic than other revision products. Look at the horizontal line issue on the REV E Powerbooks for christ sake. :rolleyes:

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
MovieCutter said:
I would, there's no factual evidence to suggest Rev A products are any more problematic than other revision products. Look at the horizontal line issue on the REV E Powerbooks for christ sake. :rolleyes:

I beg to differ, the Rev. E PowerBook, or HD, introduced a new component never used before in Apple's product line (the 'HD' screen). We all know what happened after that, ergo, first-gen products are prone to failure.

Consider the changes introduced by the rev.C powerbook, they were not as drastic, mostly refinements. The product has much less defects. In fact I'm still using it today and it still kicks major a$$ :D

Still, my thanks go to all the first-geners who stay on the bleeding edge. Your mine-sweeping is greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers,
Palad1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.