would I still be edgilble for iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jesusplay, Jun 20, 2010.

1. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

I just got a 2 year contract in my name via at&t today.

The phone I have it under is a iphone 2g(I had already had the phone)....Do i still qualify for the iphone 4 at the reduced price?

kinda hypothetical question.

2. army91c macrumors 6502a

How about going to the web site of the service provider you use..... you can get your answer there.... though not as exciting as starting yet ANOTHER thread of similar topic.
    www.att.com
    or dial *639#

3. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

You are still within the 30 day window period in which you can terminate your account. If I were you, I'd bite the bullet, term the account free of charge and get an iPhone. Until then, go to Best Buy, get a $19 pay as you go phone, and use that until you get the iPhone.

4. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

at&t doesnt hand "hypothetical" questions well....I called:confused:

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'd advise using the above star code or viewing your account online. I was shocked that my main line with my iPhone 3GS was eligible because I've only had it for 11 months. I guess spending $115/month helps. I was going to upgrade my mom's line then switch phones, but now I'm just upgrading and giving her mine.

7. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

If you JUST entered in a contract for 2 years, I believe you'd only be eligible for the "early upgrade" price which is, I believe, $300 for the 16gb.

8. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmm

I'm gonna set up a new 2 year contract with the origonal iphone so i can get unlimited data plan.....and get it carried over to the iphone 4

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

Not sure it would be available seeing as they don't offer that plan "new" anymore. Did you have it before it was put in your name? If not you might be sol.

Of course after editing your first post the question actually makes a little sense.