Would it be a good idea

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anthem550, Jun 9, 2010.

1. anthem550 macrumors member

to get to my local AT&T store before they open on launch day or just pre order? I took off and want my iPhone 4 as soon as they're released. I won't mind waiting in a line just want to make sure I'm able to get what I want and how early should I get there...

2. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

Bro not to be a complete jerk but couldn't this just be asked in one of the MANY threads already established about this topic? Along with the what size & color, etc.

3. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Just have it shipped. Then you can sleep in and rest easy.

4. anthem550 thread starter macrumors member

With my luck mine would get lost and wouldnt get it on launch day like i want

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Or you could be hit by a bus as walked to the AT&T store, or they could drop your reserved phone just before giving it to you. If you think hard enough about what could happen, you'll drive yourself nuts.

Pre-order it, let it get delivered and when it arrives, it arrives.

6. anthem550 thread starter macrumors member

lol you do have a point made me laugh. Thanks for that

7. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

OP, why don't you tell me the answer to the question. What would give you a higher probability of getting an iPhone on release day? Going and waiting in line and hoping that your early enough OR reserving one ahead of time and then going to pick it up? Think about it for an additional 30 seconds...

8. jman240 macrumors 6502a

You also chance getting it early like the iPad people =P

9. nep61 macrumors 6502

WOW !! If this is your biggest concern even after 3 versions of the iPhone has been released, over a 3 year period..... it seems, you have WAY WAY WAY too much time on your hands....
    I guess I do too, since I even took the time to read these posts and respond...

10. anthem550 thread starter macrumors member

This is my first one I will be getting on launch day. I only have the 3G. So I don't know what its like on launch. Sorry

11. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Its crowded, slow moving, and very annoying. Don't bother. People will probably still camp out =(

12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Ok, I think you've been slammed hard enough by everyone to have learned your lesson. Haha, just kidding ;)

I understand your hesitant since it will be your first one, but just preorder it and pick it up at the store. That way you know you are guaranteed to get it. No point in stressing over getting their too late and them running out. This way you can just wake up and walk over there and pick up your phone.

13. anthem550 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

14. Built macrumors 68020

Well said.

You took the words out of my mouth.

15. Built macrumors 68020

Steve's given you some great advice.

Enjoy your new iPhone 4!