So I currently have an iMac now of nearly 3 years, which needs an upgrade and an average windows laptop. I was originally just going to get the mbp, but done some research and found out its due a refresh which would possibly involve a new design and I know people say don't play the waiting game when buying technology but I would feel a bit sick if I bought a mbp and 5 or so months later there was a newer model out with a completly different design after paying that money for it, plus It isn't that urgent. As my iMac is losing its value I thought maybe i'd get a new iMac in the next month or two and sell my current one. And as far as I know the iMac wont be getting a brand new design anytime soon would I be right in saying that?. I've loved my iMac for the past three years, Loved the power, the design, everything. I don't do much travelling but I do like to visit friends houses and sit down with the fam sometimes, and would like to use a macbook pro for the first time. I was thinking about getting a 13'' mbp and a 21.5'' imac. I'd get the iMac in the next few months and a new MBP(or whatever they're going to call) in spring or whenever the expected new design is out. But do you think that would be a waste?. I've had both a laptop and an imac for 3 years now and I couldn't really see myself with just one and Don't really want to go back to windows . I will need the Mac(s) for _ heavy use of photoshop and video editing. _ Watching movies/listening to music (heavily) - Heavy Downloads I need a decent bit of storage too so I would be getting 500gb in both of them. I also browse the internet alot and open alot of windows and tabs. That's really it not much but, just so you know. Now I've heard about people using an external monitor with their MBP's but I don't know If I like the idea of that. Sorry this is so long, I'm just really indecisive about this and I'm kind of a noob with macs, lol. But if anyone actually read through this book , thank you in advance for your help!