Would it be better to purchase a black macbook now, or wait until Oct/ Nov?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kanketsu, Jun 15, 2007.

  1. kanketsu macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2007
    #1
    Hello all! New user here, looking for advice :)

    I'm going to buy a black macbook, but I can't decide whether I should get it right away, or wait until Leopard release. Actually, Leopard is the key factor for me here; I believe it will make me work more efficiently.

    I've been wondering: if I wait until October/ November, perhaps Apple will throw in Leopard instead of Tiger for any Macbook purchased. Therefore I'll be saving about $100 since I don't have to purrchase an upgrade.
    If it is so, I don't mind to wait until Oct/ Nov.

    Yup, trying my best to avoid paying extra for Leopard (budget is pretty tight. No, I'm not interested in the white one :D ). I'm sure that Apple will bundle Leopard with Macbook in the future, I just don't know when. If this 'when' is within days of Leopard release, no problem.

    However, if I have to wait until, say, next year, for such a bundle, I think it would be better for me to buy the macbook now.

    Any insights?

    Thank you for your time. :)

    P.S. sorry for the lousy English - still working on it :D
     
  2. Igantius macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2007
    #2
    Ooops, is my face red.

    Yes, Leopard will ship with all new Macs when it's released.
     
  3. libraritine macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2007
    Location:
    Victoria
    #3
    I thought the question was if the Macbook would include Leopard, not if the actual Macbook would be updated, which is my question and want because like kanketsu, I am too stingy to buy now and have to update to Leopard, and if I wait for anonther 4months or so I would want the Macbook to be better. I asked some guy at a Mac Shop and he said it would include Leopard. He told me to wait. How un-business minded is that?
     

Share This Page