Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
Just wondering if there any programs like this we can use to combat this yellowing plague. If we can only isolate adjustments on LCDs.

I know, just wishful thinking. :)

panzaman

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
Yeah, I thought about that, a way to calibrate individual areas of the screen using different color settings, problem is that both the graphic card driver and the OS should be engineered in order to be able to load different RGB values for different areas of the screen.

Btom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2009
Yeah, I thought about that, a way to calibrate individual areas of the screen using different color settings, problem is that both the graphic card driver and the OS should be engineered in order to be able to load different RGB values for different areas of the screen.

As far as I know some professional monitors do something like this.

Or, for the Photoshop users, a compensating mask can be created for the screen (for example from a picture of the white screen). But life is so much easier with simply a good screen...

Tom B.

panzaman

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
I know, but these companies (DELL & Apple) seems unable to supply a completely even screen, even though we are paying very good money for them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.