Would it be ok to get a Touch now, or should I wait for the Apple convention?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MK25toLife, Dec 31, 2007.

  1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

    Aug 7, 2007
    I really want to get one today but I don't know if I should wait. I doubt they will be upgrading anything in a few weeks and if they do I'm sure it will just be something I can download onto my Touch right? Your help is appreciated. Thanks!
  2. zelmo macrumors 603


    Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    It's pretty unlikely that anything will change on the iPT in the near term, since it just came out in September. Most likely it won't see any updates until next fall, although it is possible that there may be an upgrade to 16/32 GB of storage if the iPhone gets an increase when it goes to 3G in Q2 as some expect.
  3. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a


    Dec 26, 2007
    U-S of A
    I've heard that a 32GB model won't be available until at least late 2008, maybe later because, of course, it's flash memory.
  4. till macrumors member

    Dec 3, 2007
    New York or Berlin
    I have a similar dilemma...it does seem a bit unlikely, but possible nonetheless; the Buyer's Guide shows some products have seen updates in September, then the following February. They're also releasing the SDK in February, so I think it would make sense to announce some kind of new revision as well. But that's probably just wishful thinking. I want a 16GB for $300!
  5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601


    Feb 10, 2004
    I don't think we'll see any hardware changes at MW, but there will be a software update and some news, etc. But, it's only 2 weeks away, so why not wait? Can't hurt, and it's my plan even though I don't think there's any changes waiting.
  6. goldenlotus macrumors regular

    Oct 21, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Go for it now. Any updates in the near future will be software.

Share This Page